Monday, March 3, 2014

Dress for Success

It's time for me to admit something, I'm a bit of a fashion nerd when it comes to sports uniforms. There I said it. I know it's a little silly, but I really enjoy seeing teams try out new uniforms. When the Washington Redskins went back to wearing the gold Ronald McDonald pants I was super excited. When the Washington Nationals wear Montreal Expos gear or the throwback Homestead Grays it's amazing. The Washington Wizards(It's really time to change the name back to the Bullets) and Capitals returning to the red, white and blue scheme was also a great decision. I have a plaque on my wall celebrating Redskins uniforms over the years, so I'm in deep.


So today the Tampa Buccaneers introduced new uniforms, and they look pretty good.



They have a nice futuristic look. Look at the numbers, very computer graphic like. When I was a kid, I was stupid and thought that all the NFL players were really robots. Now, the Bucs are step closer to making that a reality. A lot of people are already talking about how terrible they are, but they're a lot better than they've had before. The Buccaneers have come a long way from their first creamsicle uniform designs.


The great Doug Williams
We'll see if any other teams decide to do something with their uniforms. I'm talking to you Cleveland Browns.


No comments:

Post a Comment