Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Cycle Begins Anew: 2015 Washington Redskins

The ultimate symbol of Redskins ineptness.
            The saying “Hope Springs Eternal” sums up the thoughts of every Washington Redskins fan. Never mind the racist name and the idiot owner, we ALWAYS expect the next season to be the big one. Today the Redskins report to training camp and the cycle starts anew. Last night I watched ‘2014 Washington Redskins: Executive Decision’. It was their 2014 NFL Films highlight show. I was curious, what are the highlights of a team that goes 4-12? It turns out, there aren’t many, because most of the show is filled with the hiring of Scot McCloughan. He was hired after the 2014 season.
            So the best thing that happened for Washington in 2014 was hiring a new General Manager after the season. Sadly, I agree. Unfortunately, stupid hope springs eternal again. Just like Michael Corleone, “Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in”. McCloughan has a good track record. He’s helped rebuild the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks. He’s gone about this off-season in a smart and reasonable manner.
            But this is the Redskins, where “winning off the field” is the priority. Upper management (I’m looking at you Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder) will ruin it. The team should change their name to the Ruiners, because that’s what they do. They ruin the Fall, they ruin Sundays and they ruin my life. Well, maybe not my life.

            If they have a crazy good season I’ll lose my mind. I’ll go back to the Commonwealth and bask in the amazingness with my pals. But what are the chances of that happening? It’s more likely they’ll be seven games under .500 by Thanksgiving and I’ll find other things to do on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment