Thursday, March 6, 2014

Black Angel Found in Archive

So I like to think I know stuff, about movies anyway. So it's always fun when I run across some new tidbit of forgotten movie history. I guess back when The Empire Strikes Back was released, it was paired with a short film to run before it. It ran before Empire only in Europe and Australia. I don't know why we didn't get to see it here in the U.S. It was called Black Angel and it was about a knight returning from the Crusades, who stumbles into a dark fantasy adventure. The movie was feared lost after it's theatrical run, until some archivist found a negative of it in the Universal Studios vaults. So hopefully in the near future this little gem will find it's way onto Blu-Ray or Netflix. YouTube has a couple short clips that give you an idea of the tone of the movie. It's got an Excalibur feel to it, which is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment