Friday, March 21, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was really good!


Hi ya folks! Long time no post. Last night I got to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Even though I was sitting in the second row of a packed theater and most of the action scenes were a blur, I feel like I can tell you that this was a great movie. Tons of action, lots of surprises for keen eared Marvel nerds and a good story. I couldn't have asked for a more appreciative nerd audience, as there was lots of applauding and hooting and hollering. The girl sitting next to me was rocking back and forth feverishly during all of the action sequences and laughing maniacally. Of course, stay through the credits, there are two extra scenes that sent my nerd compatriots into hysterics. The theater that hosted the screening seemed to be overwhelmed by the turnout and man was there a turnout. I'm not sure if everybody that was there got in, but I did, so that's all the matters. When the movie started, the curtains hadn't been drawn all the way back, so that was awkward. Then, at the end, as we waited for the final scene at the end of the credits, the house lights were on, obscuring most of the scene. Nerds almost rioted! I'm tempted to write a real review, but I don't want to spoil anything. All I'll say is we need more Batroc the Leaper and magic is on the way! Everybody can see Captain America: The Winter Soldier on April 4th>

No comments:

Post a Comment