Friday, July 24, 2015

Police Academy vs. Lavalantula

     

     I forgot to mention while I was ranting about ‘Sharknado 3’ that the SyFy Network has a new masterpiece that it’s rolling out on July 25th. It’s ‘Lavalantula’. That’s lava-spiders for those of you that couldn’t figure out the clever title. As if that wasn’t enough to get you to tune in, the real draw is the return of the cast of ‘Police Academy’. That’s right; Mahoney, Sgt. Callahan, Jones and Hooks are all back to fight lava-spiders. I can’t wait to see what mouth noises Michael Winslow makes to confuse the spiders. If only they were playing their ‘Police Academy’ characters. 
     Unlike ‘Sharknado 3’, I’m looking forward to ‘Lavalantula’, if for no other reason than I’m a big mark for Steve Guttenberg. How can you not love the Guttenberg? I spent a lot of my youth watching his incredible catalog of films: ‘Police Academy 1-4’, ‘Diner’, ‘Short Circuit’, ‘Cocoon’, and ‘Three Men and a Baby’. You know you’ve seen all of them. So if you’ve got absolutely nothing else to do on Saturday night, check out ‘Lavalantula’. It’s not going to be good, but you can see Guttenberg kick some fiery spider ass. That’s not the worst thing in the world. Or is it….   

No comments:

Post a Comment